Hudson Valley NY Criminal Defense
Insightful Defense Guidance from a Former Prosecutor
If you have been arrested, it is important that you take action immediately. Whether you have been charged with DWI, or a more serious felony offense, the steps you take immediately after your arrest can dramatically impact your ability to prepare a successful defense against your charges.
I am Tom Melanson, a former prosecutor who offers experienced criminal defense guidance to clients from Albany to White Plains. With more than 15 years of experience on both sides of the criminal justice system, I am able to provide the advice you need to avoid costly mistakes after your arrest.
From the moment you retain my services, I will begin the process of protecting your rights and helping to defend you. To do so, I will:
- Review every aspect of your case, including the events leading to your arrest, the actions of officers and the evidence against you
- Evaluate the strength of the prosecution’s case against you
- Offer advice on your defense options, including exploring alternatives to conviction, negotiating a plea or taking your case to trial
I Have the Experience Needed to Combat a Wide Range of Charges
I have participated in more than 75 jury trials, including trials for murder, arson, firearms, drug trafficking and rape. My knowledge, skills, and experience can help develop an effective defense against a number of charges, including:
- Violent Crimes: From assault and battery to murder, I can offer you the guidance needed to defend yourself against charges related to violent crimes.
- Organized Crime: My past work with New York’s Organized Crime Task Force gives me unique insight into cases involving drug rings, weapons charges, gambling, racketeering and other offenses suspected to have been perpetrated by organized groups of individuals.
- White Collar Crimes: As a former supervising investigator at a high end corporate investigation firm, I am familiar with reviewing and analyzing the many complicated details often associated with a white collar case. I have experience handling a wide range of white collar offenses, including fraud, embezzlement, bribery, kickback schemes and securities fraud.
- DWI/ DWAI: The consequences of a DWI conviction can have a far reaching effect on your life, your finances and even your freedom. I work diligently to ensure that you receive the defense guidance needed to combat the various penalties stemming from a DWI conviction.
- Drug Crimes: From simple possession to more serious manufacture or distribution charges, I can effectively protect your rights and prepare an aggressive defense against drug charges relating to a wide range of controlled substances.
I also offer advice on criminal appeals and can help you review your case for grounds for overturning the conviction.
Contact my office online or call 845-331-2047 to discuss your charges and learn how I can help you prepare your defense.